AshieLizz

Dr. Pepper Diva

My passions include home cooked meals, Dr. Pepper, cosmetics and beauty, reading and rock music, especially 80s rock. I will be the first to admit that I am not the best cook in the world but I try my best and do what I can. I am doing better but the simpler the better for me.
April Showers (April, #1) - Karli Perrin April Showers is Karli Perren's debut novel. The synopsis completely drew me in and I knew it was something I had to read, especially seeing that it took place in England so I could imagine them talking with their hot British accents.

April Adams is starting fresh. She has enrolled at Mancheseter and it's a whole new experience for her. After literally running into the hottest guy on campus, Isaac, her thoughts are consumed by him. She just can't shake him no matter how hard she tries. Confused by her emotions, she finds comfort in the friendship of Lukas Roberts. Torn between feelings of passion and safety, April must decide what truly makes her happy.

I loved April's snarky attitude. I also loved how she had the ability to take what she dished out. I did have a couple of faults with her, the first being how she couldn't make up her mind and ignored her own feelings. The second was the way pitted Isaac against Lukas, knowing how they both felt about her. Speaking of the men, I loved Isaac. He was just as snarky as April and I loved how they interacted with one another. He's also willing to risk everything for April if she would just let him. As for Lukas, I really liked him at first. I even found comfort in him myself. As their friendship grows into more, April learns that maybe he wasn't the security blanket she first thought he was.

Perrin has built an intense love triangle on a college setting. Between lies, deception, passion and romance, this story takes you on a roller-coaster ride of emotions. It had me laughing one minute and sobbing the next. The only fault I had with the story itself is that it ended in a tragic cliffhanger, which I hate. I can't wait for the next book in the series to see the fallout. It also took a little getting use to the language at first as the characters are British and it takes place in England.

If you love an intense romance, then you should definitely give this book a try. It's now one of my to favorites in the new adult genre.

DISCLAIMER:

I received a copy of this book, at no charge to me, in exchange for my honest review.