AshieLizz

Dr. Pepper Diva

My passions include home cooked meals, Dr. Pepper, cosmetics and beauty, reading and rock music, especially 80s rock. I will be the first to admit that I am not the best cook in the world but I try my best and do what I can. I am doing better but the simpler the better for me.
Diary of a Mad Fat Girl - Stephanie McAfee What a riot! This is Stephanie McAfee’s debut novel and she has done a superb job of creating a southern-fried adventure.

The main character, Ace, is known for her sassy attitude and big mouth. If she thinks it, she speaks it. She also has an intolerance of deadbeats, and doesn’t mind getting in their face to tell them. This all tends to get her into some pretty troublesome dilemmas. These dilemmas and Ace’s actions had me in tears from laughing. She’s a lot braver than I am but I could totally relate to her way of thinking.

These dilemmas also make for a great tale. From knocking out pillars of the community to dressing like hookers to stake out the strip club, McAfee’s colorful adventures take you on a invigorating and amusing ride.

I would recommend this book to those who like good, southern humor and anyone who likes a good laugh.